< Return to auction calendar
1. Fill in our sale entry form online.
2. We accept entries on a first come-first-served basis and cease to take entries when we anticipate a full sale hall. Early return of entry forms is therefore appreciated, although our acceptance of your entry is not guaranteed.
3. Acceptance of your entry by us will be confirmed by letter, along with labels to attach to your items and a time to deliver items to the sale hall (usually the day before a sale between 8am-12 noon).
4. If you wish us to collect items, current collection rates are up to £50+VAT per hour. You must clearly mark on your entry form if you require collection. Haulage charges are usually paid by yourselves to the haulier upon collection.
5. ALL Electrical items must be tested for electrical safety prior to sale at a cost of £6 + VAT per item. We have an engineer on hand to test items if they have not been tested prior to delivery (note: When entering electrical items, please consider that irons, kettles, toasters etc. may achieve low auction prices and therefore may not be worth the cost of a test).
6. Note that upholstered / padded furniture & beds manufactured between 1950-1988 cannot be sold at auction by law. ONLY items with a permanent sewn in label reading ‘carelessness causes fire’ can be sold by us (detailed information below).
7. IF WE CANNOT ACCEPT YOUR ENTRY FOR THE NEXT SALE DATE, YOU WILL BE OFFERED THE OPTION OF ENTRY INTO THE NEXT AVAILABLE SALE. IF THIS IS SOME TIME AWAY, WE MAY BE ABLE TO OFFER YOU STORAGE SPACE (POSSIBLE CHARGES MAY BE INCURRED).
8. Our charges are 15% + VAT on the hammer price realised of items (not including any additional agreed disbursements). Upon collection of all purchasers monies we typically account to you 1 week after the sale date (subject to conditions, please see reverse of entry form).
9. Please note that all unsold items should be collected from the sale hall typically by 2pm on the day of sale.
The furniture & furnishings (fire) (safety) Regulations 1988 (as amended in 1989) from 1st March 1993.
This applies to the following items entered for auction:
Three piece suites, settees, pouffees, ottomans, stools, sofa beds & other items with upholstered seating, beds and divans, including bases & headboards, children's furniture, cots, carry cots, playpens, pushchairs, high chairs and similar nursery items, cushions, pillows & mattresses etc.
The items meet the statutory requirements for both fire resistance and labelling. If furniture does not meet these detailed requirements then it cannot legally be sold.
Where the item has a permanent label with this heading, it can be assumed to comply. No other wording on a label is acceptable. Items made before 1950 can be accepted for auction.
The vendor must provide a certificate from a competent electrical engineer confirming all electrical items are "electrically safe". A new syle plug (i.e. with black sleeves on the positive & negative pins) should be fitted to the appliance before delivery to the saleroom.
If required we can arrange for items to be tested prior to sale at a cost at the time of writing of £5 + VAT per item which will be deducted from the proceeds of the sale (please check availability of electrical engineer at our office at least 7 days prior to the sale).
WE CANNOT SELL ANY UNTESTED ELECTRICAL ITEM - NOT EVEN FOR SCRAP.
We do not sell gas appliances.
We are unable to accept oil heaters, fires or heaters with guards, toys, prams & pushchairs, carrycot stands, bunk beds, asbestos products and crash helmets unless the vendor can confirm to us that the items comply with the relevant regulations.
As auctioneers we sell as agents for the vendor and as such are not responsible for any default by the vendor or the purchaser. We shall not be under any obligation to pay the vendor the net proceeds of any sale until such time as we have received payment in full from the purchaser.
Any unsold items should be collected from the salehall on the day of the sale. Items not collected will be deemed as unwanted by the vendor and disposed of. A disposal fee may be charged at the auctioneers discretion.
We reserve the right to dispose of any goods we do not consider saleable or do not comply with the necessary legislation.
As per terms and conditions (available here) you understand that sending this form DOES NOT guarantee entry into the requested sale. If entries are closed for your specified sale, your entry will be carried over to the next available sale date. Upon acceptance of your entry, you will be notified by post of the time and day to deliver the items to our premises at Enterprise Way, Pinchbeck, Near Spalding.